When you call for an appointment, we try our best to work in new patients & urgent patients as soon as possible. To schedule an appointment, contact our new patient coordinator at (210) 268-0159.
For your information, when the office is closed an answering service relays messages to on-call physicians.
- Medical questions should be directed to the office during regular business hours.
- Calls are generally returned in the afternoons.
- If it is an emergency and cannot wait call 911 or travel to the nearest emergency room.
Your first visit to our office should include completing the new patient forms which can be downloaded from our site. Print and complete these PDF forms so that when you come in we can quickly construct your patient profile. This will aid us in getting you in front of our doctor or nurse practitioner in a timely manner.
New Patient Forms
Please fill out the forms and bring them to your first appointment. Should you have any questions, please contact the new patient coordinator at (210) 268-0159 or via our main number (210) 268-0124.
- You will begin by going over a thorough review of your medical history with your doctor.
- An examination will follow with explanations and guidance towards a satisfactory outcome.
- We encourage anyone over the age of 50 or with a family history of colon cancer to have a screening colonoscopy.
- Diagnostic & therapeutic tests may be ordered at your consultation. Refer to our tests and links for further information.
Our hours are: Mon – Fri 8:00 AM – 5:30 PM; Lunch: 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM
For billing questions, call Sarah at (210) 598-4723 from 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM.
Prep Before Procedure
Click on a title to download information and instructions. (PDF files)
Mon – Fri 8:00 AM – 5:30 PM Lunch: 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM
For billing questions, contact Sarah (210) 598-4723
To make a payment, contact Hilda (210) 598-4730
Monday – Friday 9 AM – 2 PM.
Stone Oak Gastroenterology participates in most local and national health plans. It is not required to have a referral from your primary care physician. Plans accepted include, but are not limited to the following. If you are not on this list call our office to confirm our participation
Most Insurances Accepted
- United Healthcare
- Community First
- Great West
- Many Others
- Please remember to bring your insurance card(s) at each visit to know the extent of coverage in order to ensure we file your claim in a timely manner.
- Payments are required and expected at the time of service.
- Please notify us of any insurance changes.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is gastroenterology?
Gastroenterology is a medical specialty that involves the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the digestive system. These disorders may affect the esophagus (food tube), stomach, small intestine, large intestine (colon), rectum, liver, gallbladder and pancreas.
A gastroenterologist is a physician who is trained in internal medicine and then spends several additional years training in gastroenterology. Most gastroenterologists are board certified in internal medicine. Then after specialty training and further testing, a physician can become board certified in gastroenterology.
What are common gastroenterology conditions?
For a list of common gastroenterology conditions, visit the following page: symptoms.
Which diseases are commonly diagnosed and treated by a gastroenterologist?
To view videos of diseases commonly diagnosed and treated by a gastroenterologist, visit the following page: diseases.
Theda Oaks Surgery Center
Theda Oaks Ambulatory Surgical Center is a full-service outpatient surgical facility conveniently located in the Stone Oak area just north of 1604. Theda Oaks Ambulatory Surgical Center is an AAAHC (Accreditation Association of Ambulatory Surgery Centers) accredited surgical center located in San Antonio, TX. Outpatient surgery is for patients whose surgery can be performed without an overnight stay in a hospital.
About Theda Oaks
Theda Oaks Ambulatory Surgical Center is an innovative, state-of-the-art facility which offers the latest surgical technology and anesthetic techniques, combined with warm, personalized care in an attractive, comfortable atmosphere designed to put patients at ease. Learn more about our services.